THE PAPER IS DUE: WEDNESDAY of Week 4, by 11:59 PM ET. It should be submitted via the Final Paper Submission link as a Microsoft Word Document in Week 4
YOU MAY SUBMIT YOUR PAPER ONLY ONE TIME, SINCE IT GOES THROUGH A PLAGIARISM DETECTION PROGRAM.
You will be required to turn in a 5 page research paper about a high profile manager (one of the eleven CEOs listed below). Please include information:
- About this person’s personal and professional background
- Management style and skills
- Research about why this person is (or is not) such an effective manager/leader.
You should utilize at least three articles found in the Online Keiser Library dated from 2012 to present as references.
Library Link paste: https://kesu.agverso.com/home?cid=kesu&lid=kesu
You may pick one of the following high profile CEOs as the topic of your paper (pictures on the left):
- Meg Whitman (Hewlett Packard/eBay)
- Eric Schmidt (Google)
- Antonio Reid (Epic Records)
- Brenda C. Barnes (Sara Lee)
- John T. Chambers (Cisco Systems)
- Andrea Jung (Avon)
- Gary Kelly (Southwest)
- Kenneth C. Frazier (Merck & Co, Inc)
- Elon Musk (Tesla Motors, and SpaceX)
- Bob Iger (Disney)
- Blake Mycoskie (Toms)
Your APA 7th ed. paper should contain the following:
- Title page
- An Abstract is not required.
- An Introduction
- 5 pages of content excluding the Title and Reference pages in the body of your paper (double-spaced, Times New Roman no more than 12 pt. font) of cited research in APA format. You should access the online library and use only articles that you find there. You should also use your course textbook in addition to the three required articles.
- A Conclusion at the end of your paper
- The Introduction and Conclusion are considered part of the main body of your paper and should not be placed on separate pages
- The Title Page and Reference Page are not included in the 5 pages
- Reference page in APA format (Including at least three articles on management dated from 2012 to present)
- You should have a minimum of 7 pages in total
- Please use this APA 7th ed. format paper template provided. Just click on on this link: APA 7th ed. Final Paper Template
General APA Guidelines For This Paper:
Your paper is required to be a Microsoft Word document
Your APA paper should be typed, double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5″ x 11″) with 1″ margins on all sides. You should use 12 pt. Times New Roman font. Include a header with a page number at the top of every page flush right at the margin. A Running head and headers are not included in APA 7th ed. format papers.
Major Paper Sections
Your paper should include three sections: the Title Page, Main Body, and References. An Abstract in not necessary for this paper.
The title page of your paper should contain the title of the assignment in bold text, the author’s name (your name), the institutional affiliation (Keiser University), course code and course name, and the date. Insert a header with the page numbers flush right at the margin.
Type the title of your case assignment in upper and lowercase letters centered in the upper half of the page. All text on the title page, and throughout your paper, should be double-spaced.
Beneath the title, type your name: first name, middle initial(s), and last name.
Beneath your name, type the institutional affiliation (Keiser University), and then the course code and course name. The last line should be the date.
Please refer to the “Student Title Page Guide’ resource which can be found in the ‘Getting Started’ tab in the ‘APA Formatting Videos’ folder. Please review all the videos.
Body of Paper
Begin the body of your text by typing in your full title on the top of the page. The title must be centered and in title case in bold text. This is a [Level 1] Heading. Then press the enter key once, change your alignment to left and begin typing. Each paragraph must be indented by ½ inch. The body of your paper should be 3-5 pages in length.
Include the three topics of information noted above.
All information from sources used is required to be cited in APA 7th ed. format using parenthetical and/or narrative citations.
The Reference page is the last page in your paper. This should be a new page and the word “References” should appear at the top of the page in bold text and be centered. This is a [Level 1] Heading
- Only include works used in paper on your works cited page.
- Each work should be listed alphabetically by last name.
Just a hint: ProQuest has an option to select ONLY full text articles from periodicals. This feature may save you time.
Paper Grading Rubric Criteria:
Organization: 20 points possible
Flow/Readability: 20 points possible
Content/Knowledge: 20 points possible
Bibliography/References: 10 points possible
Followed Guidelines/APA format: 20 points possible
Grammar/Spelling: 10 points possible
Total: 100 points
THE PAPER IS DUE: WEDNESDAY of Week 4, at 11:59 PM ET. It should be submitted via the Final Paper Submission link in Week 4 as a Microsoft Word Document. It should not be submitted in PDF format.