For this News Briefing Quest Assignment, you will choose and analyze a U.S. political news article found on the website RealClearPolitics.
1st Paragraph: Summarize the most important information from the article in your own words. As noted in the syllabus, TurnItIn will be used on all assignments to detect plagiarism. (See Academic Honesty policy in the syllabus.) For assistance on how to summarize appropriately, visit Purdue OWL: Quoting, Paraphrasing, and Summarizing.
2nd Paragraph: Relate the article to the topic and readings of the level you are currently completing. In this assignment, you should connect your article and discuss the content related to Level 9 (Political Parties) or Level 10 (Interest Groups & Lobbying).
3rd Paragraph: Present your own informed opinion about the political issue and include the link to the article you selected.
- Go to RealClearPolitics.
- Pick a news article on a U.S. political issue not older than seven days from the day you complete this assignment.
- Include the weblink at the end of your assignment. This is required.
- Structure your 3 paragraphs according to the outline above.
- This News Briefing Quest Assignment should relate to the course content from Level 9 (Political Parties) or Level 10 (Interest Groups & Lobbying).
- The total word count for the assignment should be 500-750 words.
- Do not write about the same U.S. politics issue twice in this class.
This is the article