Note: The instructor will assign your peer review for you.
There will be 3 drafts for this report (2nd draft for instructor’s comments and 3rd draft as a final draft- if needed).
- Approximately 2000 words
- MLA format for in-text citations and Reference page
- Minimum of 5 references from reputable business sources. All references, tables, and charts must be cited in the report.
- Must include at least 2 visuals (e.g. graphs, pictures, charts).
- Must follow the format from the book: See page 300.
- Times New Roman and 12 font size.
- Cover page and Memorandum:
A memorandum, more commonly known as a memo, is a short message or record used for internal communication in a business. Being able to write clear memos certainly can serve you well in writing internal business emails, as they often serve the same purpose.
- Table of Contents:
- Executive Summary: In a realistic business environment, upper management of a company may not have time to read an entire report. This section is about 1 page long and summarizes the key points of the report, including conclusions and recommendations. Use short, clear paragraphs with headings to preface and summarize the entire report.
- Introduction: 2 paragraphs that cover the following,
Sources and Methods
- Body (The analysis): The main content of the report. Relevant and informative headings are used to help the reader navigate from one topic to another. This is useful for business people who may need to refer to one particular section of your report during a meeting or presentation. Must include visuals.
- Conclusions: Based upon a logical evaluation of the evidence provided, you must clearly state your conclusion while providing reasons based upon the information you’ve gathered.
- Recommendations (if applicable): Propose a recommended plan of action by
Establish the need for action by reemphasizing the problem or opportunity
List the steps required to achieve the benefit
Summarize costs and benefits
- References (Work Cited): Either MLA or APA format: Minimum of 5 reliable sources.